Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Appleford

The village of Appleton was a chapelry of Sutton Courtenay, situated three miles east of Abingdon. The soil is clay, gravel and loam. See also Sutton Courtnay for details.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.158-159.


Acreage: 862
Population 1801: 200
  1831: 179
  1861: 288

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 10, 15

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Appleford (See Sutton Courtenay)

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 17/10/2017.