The small village of Arborfield lies five miles southeast of Reading. The river Loddon forms the northwest boundary of the parish. It is on a road to Reading. The soil is clay and gravel. Nearly two thirds of the land was arable and one third permanent grass. There was an annual fair for cattle.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.6-7.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 37, 38, 45, 46
Arborfield (See Windsor Forest)