The small village of Ashampstead lies ten miles west of Reading and six miles east of Newbury. The parish included the hamlets of Ashampstead Green and Quicks Green. Just under half the land was arable, with small amounts of woodland and grass.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.12-14.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 27, 28
Ashampstead (See Basildon)