Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Ashbury

The village lies on the Downs at the extreme northwest corner of Berkshire. The parish included the hamlets of Idstone and Kingstone Winslow. The soil is chalk and clay. More than half the land was permanent grass.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.8-9.


Acreage: 5690
Population 1801: 654
  1831: 698
  1861: 742

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 12, 13, 18, 19

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Ashbury (1772) - Ref: D/P9/26 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 12/12/2017.