The small, scattered village of Barkham lies two miles southwest of Wokingham, in Windsor Forest. It is on the road to Wokingham. The soil is mainly clay, with some sand on higher ground and a little gravel and alluvium. Approximately one third was arable, over a third permanent grass, and a little less than a third woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.11-12.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 38, 46