Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Beenham

The small village of Beenham lies seven and a half miles southwest of Reading and ten miles east of Newbury. The Kennet and Avon Canal adjoins the parish, and it is on the main road from Reading to Newbury. The soil is mainly clay. More than half the land was arable, with a small amount of woodland.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.16-17.


Acreage: 1793
Population 1801: 381
  1831: 360
  1861: 505

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 36, 44

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Beenham (1814) - Ref: D/P16/26A [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Beenham (1814) - Ref: D/P16/26B [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 19/09/2017.