Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Bourton

The township of Bourton was situated in Shrivenham parish, seven miles southwest of Faringdon. The Wilts and Berks Canal ran through. The soil is sand and stone-brash. See also Shrivenham for details.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.137-139.


 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 12, 18

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Bourton (See Shrivenham)

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 23/07/2017.