The scattered village of Boxford lies four miles northwest of Newbury. The parish included the hamlet of Westbrook. It is on the main road from Newbury to Lambourn, and the River Lambourn runs through. The soil is mainly chalk and clay, with a little gravel. More than two thirds of the land was arable, about one seventh permanent grass, and a small amount woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.22-23.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 26, 34