Chaddleworth lies nine miles northwest of Newbury, on the Downs. The parish included the hamlet of Woolley. It is on the main road from Hungerford to Wantage. The soil is chalk and clay. More than half the land was arable, the remainder being equally divided between permanent grass and woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.37-38.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 20, 26