The village of East Challow was a chapelry in Letcombe Regis. It is on the main roads from Ashbury and Faringdon to Wantage, and was on the Wilts and Berks Canal. The soil is mainly chalk, The majority of the land was permanent grass, with a very small amount of woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.100-102.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 13, 14
Challow, East (See Letcombe Regis)