The irregularly shaped village of Cholsey lies two and a half miles southwest of Wallingford. The parish included the hamlet of Winterbrook. The River Thames forms the eastern boundary. The village is on the main road to Wallingford, and the main road from Reading to Wallingford passes through the parish. The soil is mainly chalk and sand. More than two thirds of the land was arable.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.43-44.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 16, 21, 22