Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Compton Beauchamp

Compton Beauchamp lies six and a half miles southwest of Faringdon, between the Downs and the Vale of White Horse. The soil is mainly clay. Most of the land was grass, with one third arable.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.49-50.


Acreage: 1466
Population 1801: 119
  1831: 156
  1861: 128

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 13, 19

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Compton Beauchamp (1795) - Ref: D/EC/E24 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 17/10/2017.