Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Easthampstead

The small village of Easthampstead lies a mile and a half southeast of Bracknell, in Windsor Forest. The parish included hamlets at Old Bracknell, Priestwood Common, and on the Bagshot Road. The soil is gravel. Approximately one fifth was permanent pasture, one fifth heath and a tenth arable (wheat and oats).

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.57-58. Dumbleton, M., 'Easthampstead (Berks.) enclosure 1827' (1991) - includes the holdings listed by owner, occupier and plot number, with tables of totals and maps.


Acreage: 5295
Population 1801: 566
  1831: 647
  1861: 789

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 38, 39, 46, 47

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Easthampstead (1827) - Ref: Q/RDC/72A [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Easthampstead (1827) - Ref: Q/RDC/72B [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Easthampstead (1827) - Ref: Q/RDC/72C [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 25/05/2017.