The small village of Frilsham lies six miles from Newbury. It is on the River Pang. The soil is mainly chalk, with some clay and sand in the east. Approximately half the land was arable, three eighths permanent grass, and one eighth woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.69-70.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 27, 28, 35, 36