East Garston lies three miles southeast of Lambourn on the Downs in west Berkshire. It is on the River Lambourn and the road from Lambourn to Newbury. The soil is chalk. Over half the land was arable.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.71-72. Transcript of the East Garston 1771 Award, (held at the Berkshire Record Office).
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 19, 20, 25, 26