East Hagbourne was one of two villages in the parish of Hagbourne (the other being West Hagbourne), situated six miles southwest of Wallingford. The soil is strong, black and loamy. The land is mainly arable, with small amount of pasture and orchard. There was an annual fair.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.73-74.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 15