The village of East Hanney was a township in the parish of West Hanney, lying three and a half miles north of Wantage. The soil is very rich loam and clay. More than half the land was arable. See also West Hanney for details.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.77-78.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 9, 14
Hanney, East (See Hanney, West)