South Hinksey lies one mile south of Oxford and five and a half miles north of Abingdon. The parish included New Hinksey, a suburb of Oxford. It is on the main road from Oxford to Abingdon and the River Thames. The soil is clay, gravel and loam. Approximately one quarter of the land was arable.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.53-55.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 6
Hinksey, South (See Cumnor)