Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Hinton Waldrist

The village (formerly a market town) of Hinton Waldrist lies six miles east of Faringdon. The parish included the township of Duxford. It is on the River Thames. The soil is mixed, mainly sand, loam and clay. Half the land was permanent grass, two fifths arable and a small amount woodland.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.83-84.


Acreage: 2016
Population 1801: 275
  1831: 348
  1861: 329

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 4, 5, 8, 9

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Hinton Waldrist (1762) - Ref: Q/RDC/4/1 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 28/03/2017.