Kingston Bagpuize lies six miles west of Abingdon. The parish included the hamlet of Southmoor and part of the hamlet of Newbridge. It is at the junction of roads from Abingdon, Faringdon and Witney, Oxfordshire. The soil is stone-brash, black loam, sand and clay. More than a quarter of the land was permanent grass, just over a quarter arable, and a small amount of woodland. There was one principal landowner. There were two fairs annually at Newbridge.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.94-95.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 5, 9