East Lockinge lies two and a half miles southeast of Wantage, between the Downs and the Vale of White Horse. The parish included the hamlet of West Lockinge, and the tithings of Betterton and West Ginge. The soil is a mixture of chalk, greensand and clay. The land was divided between arable and pasture.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.102-103.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 14, 20