The village of Longcot was a chapelry in Shrivenham, four miles from Faringdon, in the Vale of White Horse. The Wilts and Berks Canal ran through, with a brook leading into the River Ock. The soil is sand and stone-brash. See also Shrivenham for details.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.137-139.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 12, 13
Longcot (See Shrivenham)