The large village of Longworth lies seven miles from Faringdon. The parish included the chapelry of Charney Bassett. It is on the Rivers Thames and Ock. The soil is a heavy black sand, some of the best land in the county. Nearly half the land was permanent grass, slightly less arable, and a small amount woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.103-105.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 5, 9