Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Lyford

The village of Lyford was a chapelry in West Hanney parish, lying three and a half miles north of Wantage. The soil is heavy clay and loam.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.77-78.


Acreage: 773
Population 1801: 124
  1831: 131
  1861: 149

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 9

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Lyford (See Hanney, West)

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 23/04/2017.