The market town and ancient borough of Maidenhead was divided between parts of two parishes : Bray and Cookham, situated six miles from Windsor, in east Berkshire. The River Thames forms the boundary with Buckinghamshire. It lies on the main road from London to Bath. There were three fairs annually. See also Bray and Cookham for details.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.24-26, 50-52.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 24, 31
Maidenhead (See Bray and Cookham)