Milton lies three miles southwest of Abingdon, in north Berkshire. The parish included the hamlet of Milton Hill. It is on a road connecting with the main road from Newbury to Abingdon. The soil is strong clay and gravel. Half the land was arable, just under half permanent grass, and a small amount woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.108-109.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 10, 15