Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Moulsford

The village of Moulsford was a chapelry of Cholsey, lying three and a half miles south of Wallingford, on the Downs. It is on the River Thames, and the main road from Reading to Wallingford. The soil is chalk and loam. Just over two thirds of the land was arable, most of the rest being pasture, with a small amount of woodland. See also Cholsey for details.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.43-44.


Acreage: 1441
Population 1801: 152
  1831: 169
  1861: 180

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 21, 22

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Moulsford (See Cholsey)

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 19/09/2017.