Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Radley

Radley lies two and a half miles northeast of Abingdon, in north Berkshire. The parish included the hamlet of Thrupp (and the liberty of Thrupp and Wick), part of the township and small village of Kennington, and the hamlet of Little London. It is on the River Thames. The soil is gravel. Approximately one third of the land was arable. There was one principal landowner.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.119-121.


Acreage: 2990
Population 1801: 479
  1831: 520
  1861: 484

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 6, 10

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Radley (1803 (Kennington)) - Ref: C54/7846 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Radley (1803 (Kennington)) - Ref: MPA1/57 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Radley (1856 (Bagley Wood)) - Ref: Q/RDC/45A [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Radley (1856 (Bagley Wood)) - Ref: Q/RDC/45B [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 01/05/2017.