Sandhurst lies in Windsor Forest, in south Berkshire. The parish included the village and chapelry of Crowthorne, and the hamlets of Little Sandhurst and Owlsmoor. The soil is sandy. Most of the land was open heath, with small amounts of permanent grass, arable and woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.128-129.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 46, 47, 49, 50