Shippon was a manor in the parish of Abingdon St Helen, outside the borough limits, a mile northwest of Abingdon. It included the hamlet of Northcourt. It is on the main road from Abingdon to Fyfield. The soil is mixed. The land was partly arable. See also Abindgon for details.
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.1-3.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 10
Shippon (See Abingdon)