Uffington lies four miles southeast of Faringdon and four miles from Wantage, between the Vale of White Horse and the Downs. The parish included the chapelries and villages of Baulking and Woolstone. It is on the main road to Faringdon and was close to the Berks and Wilts Canal. The soil is loam, stone-brash and chalk. Most of the land was permanent grass, with one fifth arable.
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.168-170.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 13, 19