Waltham St Lawrence
The straggling village (two miles long) of Waltham St Lawrence lies eight miles east of Reading and eight miles west of Maidenhead. The parish included the hamlet of Shurlock Row or Southlake. The soil is chalk and clay. Approximately five eighths of the land was permanent pasture, a quarter arable, and a small amount woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.176-178.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 30, 38