The small village of Warfield lies five miles northeast of Wokingham. The large parish included the small town of New Bracknell and the hamlets of Bullbrook, Hailey Green, Hawthorn Hill, Moss End, Nuptown, Reishwood, Warfield Street, and West End. It is on the main roads from Reading to Windsor and London. The soil is mainly clay. Nearly two thirds of the land was permanent grassland, the rest being predominantly arable with some woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.181-182.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 39