Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

White Waltham

The irregular village of White Waltham lies six miles from Maidenhead. The parish included the hamlets of Littlewick Green, Paley Street and Woolley Green. It is on the main road from London to Bath. The soil is mostly clay. Nearly half the land was arable, much of the rest being permanent grassland, with a very small amount of woodland.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.178-179.


Acreage: 2576
Population 1801: 552
  1831: 902
  1861: 917

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 30, 31

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

White Waltham (1810 (White Waltham & Shottesbrooke)) - Ref: D/P142/26A [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

White Waltham (1810 (White Waltham & Shottesbrooke)) - Ref: D/P142/26B [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 20/08/2017.