Old Windsor lies in southeast Berkshire. The parish included the village of Sunningdale and the hamlet of Coworth. It included part of Windsor Great Park and Virginia Water. There are roads to Windsor and to Datchet and Staines. The soil is sand and gravel with some clay. Nearly a third was permanent grassland, about a tenth woodland and plantation, and only one twentieth arable (wheat, oats, barley and peas).
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.191-192.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 32, 39, 40